Packing for a yoga trip takes discretion. On one hand, you want to feel liberated from worldly possessions and the trappings of your daily routine, such as work clothes, makeup, and constrictive footwear. On the other hand, you need to pack for optimal peace and happiness. Let’s face it; being exposed to the elements, insects, or funky yoga B.O., for example, can hinder your meditating mojo.
- Apparel for asana
- Apparel & footwear for non-asana activities & chilling out
- Yoga mat
- Inspiring book (I’m packing Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater)
- Vitamins/medication (I pack arnica for sore muscles)
- Tea (I’m a confessed addict, remember?)
- All natural snacks for airports & road trips (such as Lara Bars and YogaEarth nutrition products*)
- Eye mask and/or ear plugs
- Dr. Bonners soap (it’s all natural, multi-purpose and can be used as body/face wash, shampoo, and laundry detergent if you need to hand wash clothes on the road)
- Essential oil (I bought geranium while teaching in France last year, and it is luscious! Lavender is calming; peppermint stimulating)
- Travel beeswax candle
- Mala beads (wrapped around left wrist, below)
- Y’arf (Don’t know what this is? Ask David Romanelli)
*Disclosure: Rebecca is on the advisory board of YogaEarth and a partner of the Yoga Rocks the Mountain festival.